Who we are
FYD Auckland was formed by merging five existing trusts (North Shore Education Trust, Auckland Central Youth Development Trust, Manukau Youth Development Trust, and Youth Development Trust Waitakere and Auckland Kiwi Can Charitable Trust) into one trust for more cohesive efficiencies and increased high level governance. Each "old trust" represented different regions of Auckland and have in some cases been in operation for over 15 years, delivering FYD programmes for children and young people throughout Auckland schools.
What we know
• By age 16, one in four females and one in two males will have attempted suicide in NZ.
• Youth make up 15% of all apprehensions and yet represent less than 5% of the total population.
• Auckland has the most manslaughter convictions nationwide.
• More than 41% of students said they had been hit or physically harmed deliberately.
• Youth who experience deprivation and live in areas of deprivation are more likely to feel unsafe in their homes and neighbourhoods.
Our Vision and Purpose
To make a better Auckland through our young people. To collaborate with our communities and help to build brighter futures for our young Aucklanders.